What is East Tennessee Intergroup of Alcoholics Anonymous (ETIAA)?
The primary purpose of E.T.I.A.A. is to assist the A.A. groups of East Tennessee in carrying the Alcoholics Anonymous message to those who suffer from alcoholism. E.T.I.A.A. is responsible to the Member Groups, deriving its legitimate authority therefrom. In all its activities, policies, and proceedings, E.T.I.A.A. will observe the practice and spirit of A.A.’s Twelve Traditions and Twelve Concepts for World Service, as well as its three legacies of Recovery, Unity, and Service.
- Maintain a 24 Hour Hotline
- Maintain the ETIAA website
- Maintain and publish a meeting directory for all of East Tennessee
- Cooperate with other community agencies that deal with the alcoholic
- Obtain the services of twelfth steppers to assist alcoholics who require aid
- Maintain a listing of Intergroup Representatives and alternates
- Publish a monthly newsletter
- Distribute approved literature to individuals, groups, and institutions