Practice These Principles . . .
TRADITION FOUR CHECKLIST
Each group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other groups or AA as a whole.
1. Do I insist there are only a few correct ways of doing
things in AA?
2. Does my group always consider the welfare of the rest of
AA? of nearby groups? of Loners in Alaska? of Internationalists
miles from port? of a group in Rome or El Salvador?
3. Do I put down the behavior of other AA members when it
is different from mine, or do I learn from it?
4. Do I always bear in mind that to those outsiders who
know I am in AA I may, to some extent, represent our entire
5. Am I willing to help a newcomer go to any lengths—his
lengths, not mine—to stay sober?
6. Do I share my knowledge of AA tools with other members
who may not have learned of them?